This last week Ry had the great opportunity to go on his "12 year old adventure" with Papa Joe. My Dad started the tradition with his oldest grandson that when the grandson turns 12 he gets to spend a week with Papa Joe doing something that interests the Grandson and Papa Joe. The oldest Grandson went hunting in South Dakota (I think it was South Dakota). Big E was next and he had quite the adventure of going to Florida to hang out with the Alligators - literally! - We saw a few pictures when they got home (neither my Dad or Big E were too good at remembering to take pictures) and could not believe how close Papa Joe and Big E were to the gators! In the wild! - In fact it was a little scary. OK really scary!
Ry loves the ocean so off they headed to California for a week of camping, kayaking in the Ocean, visiting aquariums, and finding all sorts of sea life. Ry got home last night and was so excited to tells us of his adventures. I think before he left he was a little nervous to be going without his parents but boy he had a great time and talked our ears off telling us all his stories.









6 comments:
What a great tradition. I would have loved to see Big E's gators.
What a wonderful Grandpa your kids have! And what memories he will always have!
PaPa Joe had a super time with Ryan. What a great kid! We love him a lot!
fun trip!!
Happy Mothers Day Mary!!! Hope you are getting spoilt!!
Love, Leigh & Michael xoxoxox
I wonder when we get to go on an 'adventure'? Do you think we could tell Dad that we never got our 12-year old trip?
Sounds good to me! why don't you tell him Jen and see if he will send us to Europe or I would settle for somewhere tropical!!!
Post a Comment