Today was one crazy day - not really different than usual, just a few extra things thrown in to really push the limits. Leon's car is in the shop this week so he has been using Shelbs which is fine but that leaves us one less driver and since all of my cutiepie kids seem to wait until the last minute to tell me stuff it got a little crazy today. Here is how it went:
3:00 Shelbs home from school
3:10: "Mom I have to be at Alta by 3:25 to do the Flag Ceremony for softball"
Jump in the car and race to Alta to get her there on time
3:45: Back home, start dinner, Big E comes into the kitchen and announces he has a track meet in LAYTON at 5:00 - "Good one E when were you going to tell me" Right now he says
I ask him to please call someone on the track team and see if he can get a ride - followed by a huge guilt trip since I really try to make sure either Leon or myself or both of us attend all my kids stuff, especially when they are competing.
4:00: Big E found a ride and they come to pick him up - one problem he forgot to tell me he got a ride or that he was leaving - I search the house, the yard, everywhere for him - call his cell phone and hear it ringing on the coach! - not sure why he has a phone. Shelbs says she saw him outside in his track clothes getting into a car - good to know!
4:30: Ry's carpool for LAX doesn't show up - you got to be kidding! I call carpools cell phone "oh sorry I forgot about Ry" she says! Jump in the car run Ry to LAX
4:55: Back home - try to get dinner really going now and try to get the right info out on tonight's Enrichment since I gave the wrong info out on Sunday - oops!
5:00: Help Daws find his baseball clothes - since he is sure it is my fault they are not where he left them - yep your right Daws, the middle of the floor in your room does not count as a good place to keep your baseball uniform!
5:30 Dinner is in the oven, Daws is finally in his uniform, I quickly make two signs to direct the sisters in our ward to the right location for enrichment
5:40: Out the door, stop at church put signs up on doors, take Daws to his baseball game in Sandy. Tell Daws that Dad is going to watch his game tonight because I have to pick up LAX carpool, buy a wedding gift, go to a wedding, and make sure Big E gets home OK.
6:00: Call the sleeping princess at home and tell her I need her to turn into "Cinderella" quickly, get the dinner out of the oven, clean up the kitchen, clean her room, etc. "Mom I am going to a concert at Alta right now" she states - OK well at least turn the oven off!
6: 30: Wedding gift bought, head over to LAX to pick up kidos
7:20: LAX practice goes overtime!!!! - Coach your killing me!
7:45: Back home, feed kids that are home - which includes Big E - YEA he is OK! pick up Kitchen, wrap wedding gift, change clothes to go to wedding
8:35: Meet Leon at wedding, listen to Daws tell me he had a great hit, stole home and made a great play! - "and you missed it mom" - yep another guilt trip!!!
9:10: Back home, feed the rest of the family, clean up kitchen again, finish up Homework, throw in batch of laundry after several comments from the kids wondering if there was something dead in our laundry room! - I have a cold so nothing smelled to me! - get baths done, put kids to bed
10:45: Remember that I have RS Birthday Brunch in the morning and I need to bring some kind of sweet bread like cinnamon rolls - YIKES. Well I don't make the best cinnamon rolls, Big E took the last banana in his lunch today so no chance of banana bread, I have no blueberries to make blueberry muffins - shoot! Then I remember my good friend, Linda's Brown Sugar Muffins - what a life saver! These are yummy and are made with ingredients that you usually always have on hand. I was so excited that something actually finally happened today that wasn't hard that I thought I would share this very easy, good recipe:
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
blend well and add:
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
Mix just until smooth
Bake in a greased muffin tin at 375 for 12-14 minutes
I usually double this and I get about 30 muffins.
Very good and very easy (except for the part where you had to hear about my crazy day!)






5 comments:
Oh my goodness! You did have a busy day. You were so nice to bring me lunch. Thanks!
Okay, I'm dizzy just reading this! I'm not sure how you got dinner in amongst everything else! Pretty impressive!
Not impressive!!! Just showing that my kids have learned well by my fabulous example of PROCRASTINATION and not planning well!!!
Well I was going to tell you about my very busy week with ALL the company and cooking and running to St. George but..,.,you win....,hands down. You're definitely 27 years younger! Thanks for the recipe...the company just left but I'll try it next time....
I think I would have visited Harmons first thing in the morning for something. Hopefully days like this don't come that often.
Post a Comment