It has been one busy week but lots of great things happened. Here are the top 10:
1. Nickster is officially potty-trained! - yahoo! He had done amazingly well but this week I noticed that I didn't have to remind him - and when I tried to help him he would say "It's ok Mom I can do it" Wow our baby is growing up.
2. Ry-Guy played Demetris (spelling??) in "Mid Summer Nights Dream" this week at Willow Springs - He was great, very natural and knew his part perfectly. The play was darling! All the kids did so great. The City's Arts Council helped out and it really was one of the best school plays I have seen.
3. I got to help with the 3rd grade "walking field trip" - it was fun, we visited historical sites in Draper, ate lunch at the park, and had Popsicles
4. The end of school is near!!! - we started making plans for the summer this week: swimming lessons, trips to Grandmothers, a list of fun things the kids want to do this summer and of course my list of things I want my kids to do this summer (mine isn't as fun as their list and usually they refer to themselves as "slaves" when they get to do the things on my list! - but those baseboards will be shinny and clean)
5. Thursday night I went to Enrichment and it was one of the best firesides I have ever heard - if any of you get a chance to hear Judy Bremmer, I would recommend it - she gives firesides in Utah and Salt Lake County and she is wonderful.
6. Shelbs, Big E, and Ry-Guy all participated in the Temple Celebration Friday night at the Conference Center. It was a great show! Loved it! I am so glad my kids had this opportunity to participate in it, what a great experience for them. Big E and Ry-Guy danced the Charleston and Shelbs was in a specialty group number called "The Gift" - Shelbs even got to be on the Mega-Tron - very exciting for her! And Grandmother drove all the way from Cedar City to go to it with us - Thanks Grandmother!
mega-tron
(Thanks Jueneta for the pics)
7. Daws had a great catch for an out in his baseball game and his best hit of the year!!!
8. We had our Visiting Teaching Conference today in church and I have the best Visiting Teaching Coordinator ever! She organized everything, came up with the theme, made the handouts, decorated the RS room to go along with our theme and made sure everyone knew what they needed to do. It was so nice for me to just have to worry about my part - Thank you Shirley, it was great.
9. I finished my cards for my card group before my BFF - Yea me! - I was sure I would be the last one finished! (of course, mine aren't as cute as Nicole's but hey they are done)
10. And happy day, I got my camera back from Canon all fixed and ready to shoot away!






2 comments:
That was a great week! How did you get those great pictures of the celebration? I was excited to see Shelby on the big screen! She did great! They all did great! Pass on any tips you have for getting your "slaves" to get the house clean. I need advice!
All for Summer of the Monkeys not Summer of the Slaves.
Post a Comment