We are so glad school is finally out for everyone at our house. Ry-Guy and Daws were our last two and they got out Friday. The last week of school is usually a fun week of field days, and fun stuff outside. Wow if only the weather knew that. Field day was inside for Daws class - kinda of a bummer - all the usual fun water relays/games had to be replaced with quiet inside games - not so fun and not so easy for kids to enjoy. Thursday was Ry's field day, as I pulled up to the school to help with it there was a trampoline in the middle of the road, a fence blown down and garbage cans blown everywhere! I was pretty sure Ry's Field day would be inside too. But Ry's teacher was pretty insistent that we go outside, some of us moms put up a small protest but Ry's teacher could possible be the scariest teacher I have ever met so we didn't get too far. So outside it was for us to be blown over, rained on and frozen while playing games, relays and eating Popsicles - interesting field days!
Thursday night at about midnight I realized I did not have teacher gifts - Yikes. Usually, I would just have ran to the store Friday morning, picked up something cute and dropped it off at the school. But Friday morning my carpet "stretchers" were coming and you know how that goes: 9:00 am could mean anywhere from 8:30am to not showing up at all so I needed to stay home. I searched my "gift" closet and was so happy to find these:
Even though when we made these at Craft Night I was mad at myself for signing up for so many - they have come in super handy for last minute gifts.
I made chocolate chip cookies, printed up a recipe card and voila! - cute teacher gifts that cost me nothing!
Friday after school Ry showed up with a few friends that came home with him. After a few minutes of Ry being home I realized why he brought the friends!
Ry: Hi Mom
TP (Ry's Friend): Hi Ry's Mom, Ry says you are the nicest mom in the world
JT (Ry's other friend): Big Smile!!!
Me: Hi Guys, what are you doing
Ry: Mom I invited a few people over for a party tonight
Me: Ry I am not going to be home you can't have a party tonight
Ry: Well I don't have their phone numbers so I can't cancel
Me: How many are coming?
Ry: Not very many
JT: Well only everyone that was in the Lunch Room when Ry stood on the chair and invited the whole 6th grade!
Me: WHAT!!!!
TP: My mom would be so mad at me if I did that, but I can tell you are way nicer than my mom so that is good
ME: TP you are funny!
Ry/JT: Big Smiles
Me: OK you three if we are having a party here I want my whole yard weeded, cleaned up and the downstairs cleaned and vacuumed while I run to the store and get some food for the party
Well we ended up with about 30 kids (better than the whole 6th grade! - and Leon stayed home to supervise!) and once all the friends were gone me and Ry and a little conversation about the fact that he may never have a party again in this lifetime if he ever pulls that again! - (but at least I got my yard weeded)
(all the other kids were outside playing basketball - Thank Goodnes)






3 comments:
Your teacher gift turned out darling!
And I think you really are the nicest mom every to let Ry have his party...or maybe Leon's the nicest daddy since you didn't have to be there? hehe
Great Post! You are the best mom in the world! Looks like the kids were having a blast!
It sounds like you better have a 'party in the closet' with Ryan around---you never know when you're going to need to have one! Thanks for letting us stay in your room Ry and Dawson and Nathan! You guys are the best!
Post a Comment