Friday, June 19, 2009

A Whale of a Tale

OK so for about a year (seriously!) Nickster has seemed to have had a runny nose out of only one nostril - and it has not been pretty. It sometimes would go away for a day or two but it has seemed pretty constant. He is not the best "blower" so I just kept thinking he had allergies or he can't blow hard enough to get all the snotties out. - Obviously I didn't use any of my keen ER Nurse skills - hahahaha!
Well Leon has been very bothered by the constant runny nose and is constantly trying to get Nickster to blow harder, inspecting his nose, etc. A couple of nights ago Leon decided to get serious about figuring out the runny nose issue! He layed Nickster down, grabbed a flashlight, used a very long toothpick (thank goodness Nickster is an easy going kid and would lay still for him - I don't know if I would if someone came at me with a toothpick to my nose!) and "dug" around a little in the affected nostril. And to our surprise look what came out!!!



I think it is a piece of rubber from a fishy bath toy we had a long time ago - like over a year ago!



Nicksters response: My Nose doesn't hurt anymore!!!!




Poor kid, probably why he hasn't been a great "nose blower" - it hurt!!!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh my!!!!!!!! The things kids will do. I am glad he is all better now.

Anonymous said...

Oh NO!!! Poor kiddo - glad it's out now! :)

gotta go girl said...

That is quite a tale! I remember when Jim's little sister was about 7 or so she sniffed the fresh coffee beans at the grocery store and up it went - deep into her nose. Now I love the smell of coffee but that is a little extreme......and yes, an ER nurse had to handle that one.

Opera Diva said...

I can't believe that was up his nose all this time---poor kid! Nick, you are a good sport!

One Sassy Mama said...

Yowch! I am picturing Leon with the toothpick...now we know where to go for nose issues? hehe

Jueneta said...

How sad . . . poor guy!