Saturday, Awesome Dawson's Football Team won the Conference Championship for their division! It was a fun defensive game with the score 7-0. Daws was pretty excited but the coaches were even more excited - like they had just won the Super Bowl or something. (It was kind of funny to watch the coaches jump around and hug everyone)
Alta Red #1
As we headed home in our car we sang "We are the Champions" (remember that song by Queen) as loud as we could. As we pulled in Dawson said to me "Mom I don't think you should try out for American Idol - you probably would only make it on the reject shows and that would be embarrassing" - Thanks Daws, I will remember not to try out.
CHANGE
Yesterday was like any other Sunday - early morning PEC meeting, make a few phone calls for RS stuff and head off to church at 1:00. The YW/YM sang in Sacrament meeting and it was so great. One of the best musical numbers we have had. It was a huge group and they all sang so nice together. I thought to myself we are so lucky to be in this ward - we have a GREAT youth program and they all get along so well - Then at the end of the meeting a member of the Stake Presidency stands up and announces that there will be a realigning of wards today following our block at 4:30. WHAT?? We were all in shock - we had not heard any hint of that.
So at 4:30 we found out that we are now in a new ward - my kids are so heartbroken. Big E keeps saying he is just going to go keep attending our old ward, we explained to him that he really can't but he is pretty insistent. Finally, after lots of tears by most of us at our house Shelbs states "Hey one good thing - at least we get our Mom back" - not the way I thought my RSP calling would end but yes I was feeling a bit of relief mixed in with the sadness of leaving such a great ward. Change is hard.






4 comments:
I am SOOOOOO sad!!! I wish they could build a huge church building that would accomodate big wards--and then we could all live happily ever after!
PS love your new family picture--its so cute.
PSS See you in the morning
PSSS And in the afternoon
PSSSS And on Thursday all day
PSSSSS Aren't you glad you got released?
Hey Mary...it's Natalie. I am so sad you guys are not in our ward! This is so crappy. But I imagine you have a few mixed feelings. I just hope for your sake they already have a new RS Pres for the new ward because they will want to call you because you have been so incredibly AWESOME! We will miss your family so very much and wish you the best in your new ward. Love You!
Are you serious? They are not going to keep you as president? They need your experience. So crazy. I am sorry for your kids that they have to change yet again.
Good job Dawson.
HoorayforDawson! You are the Champion! How exciting! Wow, Mary,what a big chhange---bittersweet I'm sure. I'm sure there are lots of other great things ahead of you---but change is HARD!
lOVE YOU!
jEN
Post a Comment