Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

This week we have had the opportunity to attend a few events that have helped us remember the reason for the season. On Sunday we traveled downtown to attended the First Presidency Christmas Devotional (Thanks Jamon and Laura for getting us tickets). I know this is on T.V. but I really like to attend it in person - it is so much easier for me to feel the spirit and focus when I am actually sitting in the congregation. I know the kids listen better then if we were just at home. The Conference Center looked great all decked out for Christmas. We enjoyed all the talks and all the kids want to add a Samuel the Lamanite and foil balls to our Christmas Pageant. It was a great start for the week.
Monday we attended the annual "Walk to Bethlehem" that our old ward sponsors. This year only Dawson and Nicholas wanted to dress up as Shepherds - but they looked so cute. We walked from our home with candles to the Stable that is by the Bishops home. It was so nice to see our friends from the old ward - we REALLY miss them. It was a great program, even Big E joined in the singing - even though we weren't sure about the falsetto voice he was trying to use!
We have been busy getting everything ready for Christmas (like everyone else) and for some reason we have watched a couple of Dr. Seuss' shows like the Grinch and Horton Hears a Who while we've been decorating, baking, and other Christmas projects. Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? Anyway Big E has decided that he is going to talk in the manor of Dr. Seuss from now until Christmas - It is quite entertaining and the little digs between siblings definitely sound nicer when put to a rhyme but it did cause us to be late this morning as everything Big E says takes some thought now!
My only complaint about the Christmas Season is what is up with teachers and the over abundance of homework? Both Ryan and Dawson have HUGE projects due this week and next. Who wants to do a ton of homework right now - Couldn't the big projects have waited until January - Gheez!

4 comments:

GrandMaMa said...

Can't wait to hear Nathan's Dr. Seuss rhymes...how about he do some for the family party....that would be great. i'M SO HAPPY YOU ALL GOT TO GO TO THE DEDVOTIONAL...I LOVED IT. ANYWAY SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ALL REALLY GETTING INTO THE SPIRIT OF THE SEASON AND WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT 'HE IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON"

I AM GETTING SO EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS...ALL OF OUR PARTIES AND JUST BEING TOGETHER AGAIN...IT WILL BE WONDERFUL. LOVE YA,

One Sassy Mama said...

Dang--we were planning on going down to the devotional and then I never got my act together enough to do it. I bet it was great.

Walk to Bethlehem was great...you know what would've been greater? If YOU had still been in charge and had to go round up 400 cookies...sheesh!

I agree--the big project thing right before the holidays is SO lame! Aus and Vannie have a big book report complete with poster and what-not due next Wednesday--boo!

One Sassy Mama said...

PS I still need to finish those advent calendars...every time I come to your blog and see your cute post it inspires me to get them finished...you know how I am with gifts...maybe next year? hehe

Jueneta said...

What is the deal with some teachers. Ethan's teacher has a big project due on Monday followed with an oral report. Good luck as well.