These old fashioned advent calendars looked so fun and quick and easy to make - not really. Me and my BFF, Nicole, made 8 of them and it took us a lot longer than we thought it would. When we were almost done I asked my super crafter friend, Nicole, if the lucky recipients would have any idea of the time it took to make them - She answered if they are crafty they will. Hahaha: you mean just like you Tricky Nicky! At least they were done before Thanksgiving!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
THANKSGIVING HIGHLIGHTS:
(at least to me!)
Everyone had a chair (a real chair) to sit on - pretty good considering we had 19 people to dinner
Mom cooked the Turkey!!!! - Thanks Mom!!
No bright red Pomegranate 7-Up spills on the carpet
Beau's bacon wrapped figs with almonds in the middle - YUM!
Shelby sacked Uncle Jeff at Football (she struggles with the "Flag" concept of flag football)
Samuel sacked Leon (the "Flag concept" must elude him too!)
7 little boys and 2 sore Dad's (from being sacked) had a good time in the hot tub!
Leon trying to enforce rules during his favorite game, Sequence, like "no table talk" - with this group! - good try Leon!
Having Nathan entertain us with his "wan-a-be stand up comic" routine during games.
Attending the movie BOLT with 17 of us
Black Friday Shopping at 6:00 am - It would have been funner if someone(I won't mention who) would have actually got up and gone with me like was planned! (just kidding!!)
and my favorite Thanksgiving highlight:
Playing Catch Phrase with everyone and when it was Dawson's turn he sings "I will Survive" as the clue for liver?!?!?! (yes he read it as LIVE (r) - like I am a live and adding an "r" - I love this kid he just cracks me up!






6 comments:
Hehe--Dawson--Live-r--funny.
At least your advent calendars are finished---I still need to get magnets and finish the dang cookie sheets. Yours turned out darling--I love all four of them in all their glory! Way cute!
I am finishing mine tonight--I have got to get them in the mail--how could it already be Dec 1?
Awesome craft. It looks like hard work. Is in on a cookie sheet and you eat something each day?
I am glad you had a fun Thanksgiving. It was fun to see Ryan and Samuel on the day after as they rode their scooters to our house.
YES, "I WILL SURVIVE" WAS THE BEST LINE OF THE NIGHT...AND I WILL RECORD IT SO I CAN TELL HIM IN FRONT OF HIS KNOCKOUT GIRLFRIEND WHEN HE'S ABOUT 16! WISH I COULD REMEMBER NATHAN'S ONE LINERS...WELL MAYBE ONE..."IF THE KU KLUX KLAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SUPREME RACE...how come they can't even spell clan?".....Nathan...you're the best! love ya lots!
Take is from me...these cookie sheet advent calendars are way...cute. Even better than they look on the blog! I love it!
Neta, no goodies to eat - just cute magnets that can be stored on the back side of the cookie sheet and then place one on each day
Mary, I love your "Thanksgiving moments"---we had a great time--thanks so much for hosting us---the games were the best----shopping was dumb, so sorry---I think I'm taking everything back! The calendar is soooo cute---my kids are loving it. I told them that the number is for how many nice things they had to do that day---Samuel is way worried about Dec. 25----25 acts of kindness in one day???!!!come on! Oh well, we'll see---so far the 'nice' things have been, 'you look nice', get outta my way!
Post a Comment