Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Potty Training - well sort of

I have tried to undertake that one task of motherhood that I absolutely hate with Nickster the last few weeks and it has not gone well.
He is scared to death of the toilet!
I have never owned or wanted to own one of those cute little toddler potties - they kind of gross me out. My first 4 just learned on the regular toilet - no questions asked. But every time I have tried to sit Nickster on the toilet he completely freaks out. So really there has been no training going on just trying to convince him to actually sit on the toilet. We have tried praising him, potty treats, all sorts of things but no luck.
So today I caved and actually bought my first toddler potty ever and set it up in Nicks bathroom. And guess what? Nickster loves it!!! I guess I can endure the little potty for a few weeks until we get through this. But the real shocker came when my 11 year old asked "So Mom when we use Nickster's bathroom do we use the little potty" - Are you kidding me!! - I hope he heard me say no while I was laughing my head off - gross.

3 comments:

One Sassy Mama said...

Oh man...I hate the potty training stage! So hard--especially for the mom. Your kids crack me up.

Opera Diva said...

I hate potty training too! I thought Jonathan was all done and then I bought some huggies diapers that had winnie-the-pooh on them for Jacob and Jonathan promptly claimed them as his. He takes off every pair of underwear I put on him and tries to get the diaper on himself. I've finally given in----I guess being a big boy doesn't have enough perks sometimes! Go Nickster! You can do it!

Jueneta said...

I dread having to do the same thing. Gabrielle is afraid of the potty because Ethan told her that is where he saw a spider.