Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Day of School

Yes I know it is January not late August but today was the first day of school for Ry and Daws at Willow Springs. We have been going to Channing Hall for the last few years but have finally come to the conclusion that it is not the place for us. I loved having the boys wear uniforms and even more than that I loved having them on a traditional school schedule with a 3 month summer but that was about all I have been able to see is better than our neighborhood elementary school. When I took them to school this morning at Willow Springs there was a nice feeling to be back in a regular elementary school. Daws' teacher is this cute little lady who is only about 1-2 inches taller than Daws. Ry's teacher is a no nonsense, get down to work kind of girl - just what Ry needs! Hopefully, it will be a good fit for both boys for the rest of the school year.

4 comments:

One Sassy Mama said...

Oh--I'm glad they got started today. I'm sure they will do great.

Jueneta said...

It will be fun for them to be the new kids as well. If the track thing doesn't work out there is always our school.

Leslie said...

I was wondering why I had not seen them. Well now maybe I will see them over there in the morning.

Opera Diva said...

I'll have to tell Samuel that Ry and Daws have a new school too! He's enjoying being back in regular school again, and I'm LOVING IT! I'm just not a homeschoolin' mama, no matter how many times I try it! Oh well!