So this year the kids have REALLY struggled at our house with having their beds made before they go to school - it has been bad. Not only is their bed not made but usually there is a pile of clothes - some clean some not - toys, junk, books, homework - you get the picture. After a few days it can be really bad. Now I know I should not clean it up for them and make them do it when they get home but I can only stand a dirty house so long and then I get it done. So we have made a goal - or a competition (I don't know why things always get turned into a competition but somehow they do) about who can have the cleanest room and it's worked!! All kids rooms have been clean and beds made everyday - even Sunday -YEA!!!
At first there was some whining - "what do we get if we win?" "will it be worth it?" I wanted to say (or scream) "Isn't having a happy mom worth it?" but I restrained myself. I promised them that good things would come their way if they cooperated.
Well last night at FHE, the rewards were handed out. Awesome Dawson won - he has gone above and beyond. Everyone was rewarded in some way which was nice and Daws shared his Whoppers (his prize) with all. Of course we had to give a little pep talk about how our home has been cleaner and Mom is happier, etc, etc. So see good things do come your way I said when we all help. Shelby then told us she had been nominated for Junior Prom Queen - See I said good things do come your way when you do what your Mom asks!






2 comments:
Congrats Shelby! I think that I am going to copy you on the rewards. Awesome idea.
Great idea----I think I'd have to start with my bed, though! Congrats, Shelby!
Post a Comment