Last week Shelbs was off to So. Cal for a National Drill Team Competition and DISNEYLAND. Leon decided we should all go - really all of us? how about just me and Leon or even just me but no, in our house we seldom do some of us, we usually always do all of us. So last minute trip to Disneyland. Some of you out there can get ready for a trip in a flash but for me it seems like a lot of work - especially last minute trips. We rushed and rushed and were off to sunny California pretty quick by my standards. When we got there, I realized that I only brought the winter shoes I was wearing and no other shoes - good thing there was a Target across the street from our Hotel. I ran over and bought what appeared to me as comfortable shoes. Well a few hours later in Disneyland I was searching for band aids to purchase to control the blood that was oozing from both heels - NEVER WEAR NEW SHOES TO DISNEYLAND! I didn't want to stop and sit down because we were on limited time in Disney and we like to do as much as possible. In fact Shelbs came and found us half way through the day and exclaimed that "Drill Team Girls just don't know how to do Disney" she was going to spend the rest of the day with us so she could go on ALL the rides - the boys were so glad she decided to come with us - but now the pressure was really on - definitely no stopping now, even with bleeding heels. Well I survived and the kids had a great time but a week later my heels are still in pretty bad shape.
Saturday was Junior Prom, Shelbs looked beautiful but it took a few of us to get her ready since her day activity went WAY too long. Missy did her hair in record time. I painted toenails while Shelbs put on her makeup - it was a little chaotic but worth it!
Tonight Shelbs told us she was going to ask "the Steed Guy" (our nickname for him) to Preference Ball and she needed to fill his room with 300 balloons! She handed me the bags of balloons and stated she had soo much homework and could I please blow up the balloons - my jaw and my ears are still killing me after 2 hours of blowing up 300 balloons!
It's a good thing we love, adore, and cherish this sweet girl!






5 comments:
Wow, Shelbs looks beautiful---a regular Princess! You are an amazing mother, Mary.....and your heels tell the story----not very pretty! So are you writing your blog as you blow...now that would be talent!
Oh Shelby...be still my heart! Absolutely beautiful...so how was the prom? Loved your blog honey....it was a great description of a truly devoted Mom...or we should say superMom! Hope you live through Shelby's senior year! But how can anyone resist her....I couldn't!
Shelby looks so beautiful in her dress.
Like your mom put it this is just the beginning, you have the senior year ahead of you. Good luck. Maybe get her brothers to help paint nails and blow balloons.
Ouch!! Your poor ankles! Zac is the same way at theme parks - "GO GO GO!"
Your work was worth the effort, Shelby looked beautiful! It's a welcome sight to be where more girls understand they can look gorgeous AND modest...not something I saw much at home!
You are a great Mom, Mary! It's funny to think how much our sacrificing changes as kids get older - I have so much to look forward to! :)
Oh man--your heels look painful! Ouch!
Shelbs looks like a doll as always.
I do not know how you blew up that many balloons---it gives me a headache just thinking about it.
I agree with your mom--you are a supermom!
Post a Comment