Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday Discussions

Today at Sunday Dinner Big Daddy decided to quiz us all on our scripture knowledge (ughhh..I am no scripture whiz) But since we are studying Doctrine and Covenants this year I thought we might do ok - WRONG! The first question was for Daws. "Daws tell me what you know about Adam" Long Pause. . . . Ry-Guy pipes in "Do you mean Adam or Adam the Younger" WHAT - Ry not even close! Finally with a little help from Shelbs Daws is able to come up with an acceptable answer for an 8 year old. Next is my turn. "Mary tell us about Joshua" I think he purposely was trying to embarrass me! I asked for a new question. "OK how about Aaron" Again Ry asks "Aaron or Aaron the younger" - come on Ry! I give my answer: Brother of Moses, Aronic Priesthood, etc. and luckily it is right. Ry then asks "How many animals did Moses have on the Ark? WHAT!!! "Ry that is Noah's Ark!" Oh yea he says. Serious problems. Next it is Ry-Guy's turn (this should be interesting) "Ry tell us about John" Ry goes into a whole dialogue on John Smith (WHO?) "Ry what are you talking about" "Tell us about John the Baptist" Ry's response: "Well why didn't you say his last name in the first place!" We have some serious scripture studying to do! Thank goodness Shelbs and Big E knew all their questions about Ezekiel, Paul, Saul and Lot. At least there is some hope.

3 comments:

gotta go girl said...

Ha! I think your kids would do better than mine! Pretty funny though. I'll bet you were all laughing by the end of the night! - I added you to my list too since I keep forgetting to check yours - hope that's okay - and of course I would love for you to add mine to your list!

GrandMaMa said...

Oh shoot! I wish I could have been at that table Sunday. What a riot! What fun memories you are building. Someday you'll drop in on your married kids and hear them doing the same thing! Adam the younger? come on Ryan....

Jueneta said...

Super funny. I think I would struggle too especial with Ezekiel . . . a book of scripture but that is all I know. Way to go Shelby and Nathan.