Shelbs read my blog tonight and was totally not happy with me that I shared her little act of kindness soo I asked her if she would rather I blogged about one of her crazy stunts and she said yes! so here it is:
Shelbs has to be at school at 5:20 am, and since I am such a fabulous parent I let her get up by herself, get herself some breakfast and head to school all without leaving my comfy bed - she use to come in and kiss me good-bye but I guess I was sleeping through her hug and kiss, which annoyed her, so that ended too. Anyway, Thursday night she had a ton of homework, she tries to be in bed by 10 pm so that 4:45 am does not come too quick but that was not happening Thursday. I think she finally got to bed by Midnight.
A few hours later she rolled over and looked at her clock, saw the __:45 and jumped out of bed, got dressed, had breakfast, and raced out the door to be at Alta by 5:20am. She thought it seemed particularly dark and she did not see the few joggers that are usually out at 5ish. She didn't worry about it too much and continued on her drive to Alta. She pulled into Alta's parking lot and thought "wow I am the first one here." She waited in her car for a little bit, wondering why no one was showing up, maybe they didn't have to be there until 6:00am that morning and somehow she had missed that info. She pulled out her phone to see if her coach had texted her about starting later and to her disbelief her phone said
3:35 am!
She drove home, tried to sleep for 45 minutes and then began her morning for the 2nd time! Poor girl! Even sadder, neither me or Leon realized she had come and gone TWICE - Yes we have stellar parenting skills!!!
She drove home, tried to sleep for 45 minutes and then began her morning for the 2nd time! Poor girl! Even sadder, neither me or Leon realized she had come and gone TWICE - Yes we have stellar parenting skills!!!






3 comments:
LOL~ I think we've done that....once. Or twice...
Wow, look, Shelby can survive on no sleep at all... This sounds like something I would do, except, I think I wold be LATE, not EARLY!
Oh Shelby, you do have some of my genes I guess. When I was a senior with early morning seminary (5:45) I too read the clock wrong and got up and dressed and to the church at 3:30 a.m. (while my parents slept!)
ugh!!
Post a Comment